Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Your my angel, mom"


If you have ever seen or been around a young child, around oh i dont know, two to 18 years of age you probably know how things get nasty when they don't get their way. With Tyler being stuck right smack dab in the middle of it, i must say there are times when i want to pull my hair out, scream, tremble with anger, and stomp.

But then i realize, as crazy as it sounds, I want to throw a tantrum myself. Then i look at him, as he flashed his dark green eyes at me. He's so smug, smiling until he bursts into a laugh. Of course, he apoligizes for the hundreth time that morning for jumping on my brand new sofa.

It hits me. Only a mother could forgive a squealing child that way. He wrapped his arms around my neck and whispered, "Your my angel, mommy."

Thats the funny thing about being a mom that no one tells you about. Sometimes, one of the most enlightning moments comes from seeing your child react to a bad situation. I think thats why God makes infants that eventually some day turn to giggling children, moody teenagers and then to adults. So that, somewhere in the middle of mom and dad's ever growing frustration and yearn for patience, the child will see that struggle and take it as a value of their own.

I read a quote today, by Elizabeth Stone that said, "Deciding to have children is momentous . It is to decide to forever have your heart walking around outside of your body."

Because sometimes, only a mother could love you for being so wrong. Get Mommed.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this first post, Casey! I could picture Tyler the entire time.

    You have such great description, and I can't wait to read some more.

    PS--I promise I'll update my own blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete