Monday, July 5, 2010

# 3 Dear Lord, things will get easier someday, right?



This weekend was a blast! After planning, shopping and stress this fourth of July was one of the best I have ever had with Tyler. And drum roll please...Tyler is offically 3 and a half today! : )

I know, i'm crazy for counting down a birthday for six months but maybe its just a piece of me that can't help but think, "Dear Lord its Casey again. And I have just one thing to ask. Will it ever get any easier? If so it is probably worth the wait, right? Amen."

But to pass the time until then I'm going to list a few ways that Tyler has most definately gotten easier. Don't get me wrong, I love him so very much! But some ages are a little bit difficult to get through. Then i realized something this week. Don't worry i won't leave you hanging for long but for now i want to say that
I'm grateful that..

# 1-He lets me have twenty minutes to myself most of the time to work out, take a shower or just watch a show he may not be interested in.

#2-He uses super big words and impresses everyone he meets by how smart he is. Craig has even taught him how to count to fifteen to say his alphabet and he knows all of his colors.

#3-He is very social. For all moms out there you know what im talking about..those silly fears that you get knowing you can't protecting your child from everything...not even from dangerously mean and selfish five year olds. Don't let that adorable smile fool you! Kids are evil sometimes. It made me want to cry to think of Tyler going to school all by himself without me there to show him how to make friends (Im a professional by now right?) I couldn't show him which of the kids i could see hurting his feelings in the future and tell him to avoid them. Simple words from God can help anyone face their fears, "Above all trust God."

#4-He loves God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. He tells strangers at walmart, "I'm happy today because i've got jesus in my heart." He always wants to read bible stories and he spends spare time praising the Lord by singing.

This week at vbs, there were three little boys who were pretty much horrible the entire time. (This is coming from the pushover teacher) And i kept wondering to myself why in the world they acted this way. They were at least 6 years old, and they were running and screaming and not listening. Thats when i realized "Whats age got to do got to do with it?" (insert whats love got to do with it song)Actually, im starting to think all ages of children come with great difficulty. But with parents that keep pushing their children for excellence and a great amount of God's love and teaching behind it, things may get tough but there is one person who is alawys always always going to be there..and thats God.

No comments:

Post a Comment